Learning about Your Carbon Footprint at Your Apartment near The Villages, FL
A carbon footprint is the measure of the environmental impact of a particular individual or organization’s lifestyle or operation, measured in units of carbon dioxide. Whenever you use electricity, buy retail goods, or run a dishwasher, these all contribute to your carbon footprint. An ideal carbon footprint is “0,” which is described as being carbon neutral.
Here are some easy ways to lower your carbon footprint at your apartment near The Villages, Florida:
• Unplug your electronics when not in use, including phone chargers and laptops that are in sleep mode
• Invest in a laptop rather than a desktop computer, as laptops are 80 percent more energy efficient
• When buying fresh fruits and veggies, buy local and buy in season
• Always turn off the lights in your apartment when not in use, and replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs, as these use approximately 75 percent less energy
• Recycle or donate items you no longer use, which includes computers, TVs, and gently used clothes
Lowering your carbon footprint is something you can do little by little. There’s no need to overhaul your entire life today. Simply take one task from the above list and begin to slowly implement it into your life.
If you are not yet a resident at PepperTree Apartment Homes, contact us today or stop by our leasing office. We would be happy to take you on a tour of our community to show you our beautiful, spacious apartments and many wonderful amenities, like our picturesque clubhouse, sparkling zero-entry community pool, and air-conditioned, full indoor basketball court.