Herbs and Spices to Use in Your Recipes at Your Apartment near The Villages, FL
Adding herbs and spices to your recipes can be a terrific way to give your food some extra flavor without adding unnecessary salt, fat, or sugar. Herbs and spices can also brighten up your food, giving otherwise bland-looking chicken or fish a pop of color.
The next time you’re in the kitchen of your apartment near The Villages, Florida, making a recipe, consider adding:
• Basil – Use it to enhance any Italian-inspired foods you’re making
• Thyme – A great addition for fish, beans, eggplant, potatoes, and summer squash
• Cumin – Add it to fish, beans, poultry, or chili
• Rosemary – Goes well with roasted potatoes, ripe melon, grilled meats, and mushrooms
• Cilantro – For any Latin American or Asian cuisine
• Sage – Use it in bean stews, soups, chicken, eggplant, and pork
• Oregano – Try it in any Italian or Greek cuisine
• Dried ginger – Use it in marinades and also with poultry
It’s worthwhile to note that you don’t want to overwhelm a dish with different herbs and spices. Stick to seasoning the food with one strong flavor and one milder flavor. Also, when doubling a recipe, you may not need to double the spices. In most cases, using 50 percent more is enough.
If you are not a resident of PepperTree Apartment Homes but would like to be one, contact us today or stop by our leasing office to take a personal tour of our community.