Making Fondant in Your Apartment in Wildwood, FL
Your television is ablaze with all the new cooking shows that have taken reality TV by storm. From seven-course dinners to decadent desserts, you’re probably wondering how you can achieve some of the daunting culinary feats that TV chefs have mastered. While some things, like banana flambé, should definitely be left to the professionals, other cooking secrets aren’t so hard to learn.
For instance, think about the professionally made cakes that you see in bakery shop windows. How on earth do they get the outside of the cake to look so smooth and decorative? The answer is fondant, which is made of gelatin and glycerin. It is very pliable and can be rolled out flat like dough and is then used to cover the cake. Fondant can come in a variety of colors and flavors and can easily be made at home with the following recipe:
- Melt 16 ounces of mini marshmallows and two tablespoons of water in the microwave.
- Pour about 1 ½ pounds of powdered sugar on the melted marshmallows.
- Grease your hands extremely well and start kneading the mixture.
- After about 10 minutes of kneading, wrap the fondant and let it sit over night.
- In the morning, you can ice your cake with a normal buttercream frosting, then roll out the fondant and lay it on top of the cake.
- You’ll need to spend some time forming the fondant to the shape of your cake and trimming the excess off.
When you present your fondant-covered cake at the next birthday party you attend, your friends will be dazzled. Fondant is just the beginning of all the recipes you can try in your spacious, luxurious kitchen at your PepperTree apartment in Wildwood, FL. Contact our leasing office today to find out more about additional apartment amenities, such as glass-top stoves, maple and oak kitchen cabinets, spacious pantries, walk-in closets, and much more.