Energy Saving Tips for Our Apartments for Rent by The Villages, FL
Here at PepperTree Apartment Homes, being more environmentally conscious is something many of our residents to strive for, and there are several easy ways to do so from the comfort of our apartments. One great way to live a more environmentally conscious lifestyle is to conserve electricity. Not only does conserving energy help you lower your carbon footprint and be a kind steward to the planet, but your wallet could also benefit from the energy savings.
Some great ways to save energy in our apartments for rent by The Villages, Florida, include:
• Replacing your incandescent light bulbs with CFL (compact fluorescent) bulbs and turning off the lights when you leave the room.
• Arranging your furniture so that it doesn’t block any air vents.
• Turning off and unplugging appliances when they are not in use.
• Depending on the season, raising or lowering your thermostat when no one is at home.
• Replacing the filter on your air conditioner every month.
• Keeping your blinds closed in the summer, so as not to let the heat of the sun into your apartment.
• Thawing frozen foods in the refrigerator before cooking.
• Keeping your refrigerator between 36 to 42 degrees Fahrenheit, and your freezer at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. This ensures food safety without wasting precious energy.
These are just a few ways to save energy at your apartment. To learn more conservation and energy saving tips, feel free to browse our full list of community articles on this website. If you are not yet a resident of PepperTree Apartment Homes, contact us today or stop by our leasing office. We would love to take you on a tour to show off our spacious apartments and wonderful amenities.