How to Make a Homemade Breakfast Casserole
There is no better way to start your morning than by enjoying a delicious breakfast from the comfort of your own home. Cereal, oatmeal, and toaster pastries can make for a good breakfast when you need something fast. But if you’re not in a rush and want to enjoy a great meal, consider making a breakfast casserole. Not only do breakfast casserole’s taste amazing, but they are also relatively easy to prepare, making them perfect for cooks of all skill levels. If you want to make a homemade breakfast casserole, just follow the recipe below.
This recipe takes about an hour to prepare and will make 10 servings.
- 1lb mild ground pork sausage
- 1lb spicy ground pork sausage
- 1 (30-ounce) package of frozen hash browns
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- Cook sausages in a large skillet over medium heat until they start to brown, and then break them up until they’re in crumbles.
- Cook the hash browns by following the directions on the package, and then sprinkle the salt and pepper over them.
- Mix the cheese, sausage, and hash browns together, and then pour them into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, and then pour them over the baking dish that contains the hash browns.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350°, let it sit for 10 minutes to cool, and enjoy.
If you’re looking for an apartment near The Villages, FL with a spacious and modern kitchen that is perfect for making homemade breakfast casseroles, consider PepperTree Apartment Homes. Give us a call today, or stop by for a tour to see our beautiful apartments and all of the incredible amenities our community has to offer.