Learn How to Make Homemade Toothpaste
Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is important because it removes harmful bacteria and plaque from your teeth, can eliminate bad breath, and can even lower the risk of gum disease and tooth decay. But, did you know that you can make your own toothpaste at home using common ingredients you might already have on-hand?
Here is a simple recipe you can use to make your own homemade toothpaste.
- 2/3 cup of baking soda
- 1 tsp of fine sea salt
- 1 tsp of peppermint extract
Here’s how you combine all of the ingredients:
- Mix the baking soda, sea salt, and peppermint together in a small bowl.
- Add water to the mixture until the toothpaste reaches a creamy consistency.
- Store the toothpaste in a small glass container and keep it in an area where it won’t be exposed to heat or light.
- Apply on your toothbrush and enjoy!
PepperTree Apartment Homes have gorgeous and spacious bathrooms that are perfect for making your toothpaste and brushing your teeth. If you’re considering moving into one of our apartments near The Villages, please call us or stop by our leasing office today. One of our leasing staff members will be happy to take you on a tour of our community and show you all of the fantastic amenities that our apartments have to offer.