How to Make Homemade Pasta
Making your own pasta is easy and can taste even better than the pasta that you can find at your local grocery store. Plus, you don’t need any fancy equipment or hours of preparation to cook it, making it a great go-to dish when you want a delicious meal that will be ready quickly. If you’re ready to make your own homemade pasta, follow these simple steps:
- Fill a large bowl with 2 cups of flour and a ½ teaspoon of salt, then add 3 large eggs and a tablespoon of olive oil and mix it all together until it becomes dough.
- Roll the dough up in a ball and then wrap it loosely in plastic wrap and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, retrieve the dough and roll it out as thin as you can with a rolling pin. Don’t worry that it looks too thin because it will thicken up while cooking.
- Take the dough and fold it onto itself so that it is in a thick pile and then get a knife and slice the dough into noodles.
- Separate the noodles so that they’re not sticking together, and then drop them into a pot of boiling water and let them cook for 3-4 minutes. (keep in mind that fresh pasta will cook much faster than dried pasta)
- Strain out the water, add whatever type of sauce you want and enjoy!
The spacious and modern apartments at The Quarters Apartment Homes are the perfect place for you to try and make your own homemade pasta. For more information about our apartments near The Villages or to schedule a tour to see them for yourself, call or stop by our leasing office today.