Removing Stains from Your Clothing at Our Apartments near The Villages, FL
Getting a stain on an item of clothing is something that has happened to nearly everyone. For example, we’ve all been out at a nice restaurant and accidentally spilled food or drink on our clothes. And, while staining our clothes can be a nuisance, taking care of that stain and removing it from the garment is fairly easy in most cases.
Here are five different types of stains that can occur on clothing and tips for how to remove them:
• Grass stains – Remove these using an old toothbrush and plain white toothpaste (not gel toothpaste). Simply squeeze the toothpaste on the stain, dip the toothbrush in water, and then scrub away the stain.
• Grease stains – Sprinkle cornstarch on the stain, let it soak into the garment for a few minutes, and then brush it away.
• Ink stains – Try soaking the stain in rubbing alcohol or wetting a sponge with milk and rubbing it away.
• Coffee stains – Rinse the stained portion of the garment in hot water if the stain is new. For an older stain, soak it in dishwashing liquid.
• Tomato sauce stains – Fill your kitchen sink with cold water and add two tablespoons of white vinegar and one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid. Soak the stained item of clothing for at least half an hour.
For removing stains on the go, carry an instant stain remover, such as Tide to Go. No matter where you are, you can apply it to the stain immediately to remove it. While Tide to Go will easily remove food and drink stains, it generally is not recommended for grease, ink, or grass stains.
If you are not a resident at one of our apartments near The Villages, Florida, contact us today or stop by our leasing office to take a tour.