Top Ways to Save Energy in Our Apartments in Wildwood, Florida
Did you know you can save money and help the environment at the same time? There are a few simple ways that both Mother Earth and your wallet can benefit from increased energy efficiency in your home.
Below are a few tips that can help you save energy and possibly reduce your power bill:
- Unplug small appliances you seldom use. While the savings will be small, they will add up. This includes phone chargers and power strips.
- Be aware of sunlight and use it to your advantage. If you are trying to warm the house, leave blinds open and close them at night. In the warmer seasons, leave blinds closed during the day to keep direct sunlight out.
- Don’t overload your refrigerator or freezer. Keep spaces open so that cold air can circulate properly.
- Remember to turn out the lights when you leave a room.
- Turn of the TV, computer, and other energy users when you’re not using them.
And finally, turn your air conditioner thermostat to a higher temperature when you’re not at home, but don’t turn it off completely. If you shut off your A/C when you’re away, you’ll come back to a stifling apartment and your A/C will have to work twice as hard to cool things down. This can lead to a higher power bill, as well as more wear-and-tear on your air conditioner.
By reducing your electricity usage, you will feel so rewarded when you save money and conserve energy, now and in the future.